Architectural & Structural Design – Commercial
Our Sheet Metal and Boiler Making Shops manufacture a variety of components, including artistic external and internal balustrades, external entrance canopies, facades, pilasters and advertising panels, elevator shaft screens and shrouds. Other services offered include the manufacture of components in a variety of metals, including the processes of metal spinning, polishing and epoxy powder coating. Examples of our work may be seen at:
- Cape Town International Airport – Domestic and International Departure Halls, including all interlocking steel queueing rail systems, bump rails, stainless steel cladding, balustrades, computer terminals and pilasters.
- Cavendish Square Shopping Centre, including the balustrades, exterior entrance canopies and the ceiling centrepiece at the food court, a large feature comprising a variety of metal and glass components.
- Canal Walk Retail Centre development at Century City, including the full contract for the Classical Mall Balustrade, as well as a variety of decorative balustrades for Edgars, the Art Deco Mall, the Entertainment Zone and the Kiddies Mall
- CD Warehouse including the decorative balustrades, metal features and a spiral staircase
- V&A Clock Tower Precinct including staircases, bridges and balustrades
- One & Only Hotel & Spa – V&A Waterfront including the manufacture and installation of a variety of balustrades, staircases and metal features
- Robben Island Museum – variety of metal signage.
- Further projects include decorative balustrades, staircases and metal features for Mitsubishi Motors, Paarden Eiland Daimler Chrysler – Century City headquarters, Audi N1 City showroom, Metropolitan Life – Plattekloof, Mercedes Benz – Century City, petrol station forecourt signage and related components for Caltex and Sasol